Thursday, February 14, 2008

Cover Letter Advice

I agree with all the advice given from the articles on cover letters. I never really knew exactly what a cover letter was, much less how it should be formatted, so every article was equally important and applicable to me. One point that really resonated with me was that of tailoring each cover letter to a target employer to the point of addressing him or her by name. It was interesting to learn that those who send hundreds of generic cover letters have less success than those who address a specific company and person in each of their cover letters. This is something I will certainly keep in mind when applying for internships and jobs. Overall, this information was helpful, but I really hate the idea of having to sell myself. I guess it's necessary, but in conjures up images of used car ads on cable television. Oh well.

No comments: