Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Cheating on a Resume

is not a good idea. If I ever cheated on my resume and was accepted to whatever position to which I was applying, I would walk around the work place like a small puppy that just killed one of my owners best hens. If I was really good, I'd probably go around like the bully in A Christmas Story, but eventually Ralphie would find my soft spot and have me on the ground crying. The article touched on these two fears in a more professional manner. I want my employers to know what they're getting or not getting if that be the case. Lying on a resume would be such a burden, especially if it dealt with a particular skill such as design software in the architecture field. Either you know it or you don't. I suppose it could be easier to get away with the subtleties but, I'm sure due in no small part the Holy Spirit, the guilt and fear would really get to me. I hope I can always offer an honest resume without shame. I hope determination and diligence will see me meet and even surpass what one may expect from reading that resume.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you. If the company/university doesn't want me the way I honestly am, then I probably wouldn't be happy there.